Over the past few decades, sexual health has become a topic that is much more openly spoken about and much of the stigma about sex that once existed is no longer present in Western society.
Due in part to this fact, the male enhancement supplement industry has grown and become more mainstream. These supplements can now be found in pharmacies, health food stores and are in abundance online.
Top Recommended Product: Vigrx Plus
Out of the dozens of mens sexual health products we’ve tested over the years, Vigrx Plus is by FAR one of the best.
Click Here to read our full Vigrx Plus review.
What is Viantis?
Viantis is an over-the-counter, herbal supplement that claims to increase sexual performance, improve sex drive and treat erectile dysfunction. This product claims to increase blood flow to the penile region which in turn will create larger, longer lasting and harder erections. It also promises to increase libido, improve stamina, allow for stronger and more pleasurable orgasms, prevent premature ejaculation and balance testosterone levels. Viantis is available in capsule form and one capsule is taken twice a day at breakfast and dinner. It is recommended that this medication be taken daily for optimal results as its effects will not be seen immediately.
There are five, primary active ingredients that are contained in Viantis. These ingredients are all herbal in nature and each claims to provide different benefits that may improve sexual health in men.
Nettle Extract – This herbal additive has been used as a natural remedy for thousands of years and, according to WebMD, is said to aid in the treatment of prostate issues, most specifically BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), which causes enlargement of the prostate gland. This condition can lead to difficulty in urination. Taking nettle extract may increase urine flow and promote easier urination. [Ref: 1]
Horny Goat Weed – This herb is a common cure that has been used for centuries in Chinese medicine. Although it has many different uses, the most common condition that Horny Goat Weed is used to treat is erectile and sexual dysfunction in men. WebMD states that this herbal remedy can assist in increasing blood flow to the penis region and can cause an influx in sexual desire. It may also aid in premature ejaculation issues. [Ref: 2]
Boron Extract – Boron is a naturally occurring substance that is found in most nuts, raisins, dried apricots, figs, dates and some types of beans and lentils. Some people believe that by taking high levels of Boron, in supplement form, it may be possible to increase testosterone levels in men. An increase in testosterone hormone will aid in increased sexual drive and an improvement in sexual performance. WebMD states that further research is still needed to prove the correlation between Boron and increased testosterone. [Ref: 3]
Orchic – While there is little evidence to support the claim, many people use this substance because they believe it will increase their testosterone levels and enhance their sexual performance. Orchic extract (also known as Bovine Orchic extract) is produced using the testicles of cattle and is used as an additive to many male enhancement products. Referencing WebMD, there has been very little research done on the efficacy and safety of this product. [Ref: 4]
Tongkat Ali Extract – This additive comes from an evergreen-like tree and is also known as Eurycoma Longifolia, Long Jack or Malaysian Ginseng. It has been popular in Asia for many years where the roots and bark of this plant are made into a tea and drank. It is said to aid in increasing sex drive, reversing infertility and treating erectile dysfunctions as well as enhancing overall sexual health and performance. WebMD states that according to the limited studies that have been done on this substance, it seems to works by increasing testosterone levels in the body. [Ref: 5]
Viantis Side Effects
As with any natural health product, there are some side effects that you should be aware of prior to taking Viantis.
- The Horny Goat Weed additive in this supplement may cause a decrease in blood pressure which could be harmful to those who already experience lower than normal blood pressure or for those taking blood pressure lowering medications. This effect may lead to dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting or worse. It also may enhance the blood clotting factors of your blood and therefore may decrease the efficacy of blood clotting medication such as Coumadin or Warfarin. It is also not recommended for those who are about to have surgery or dental work, as there is an increased risk for bleeding. Viantis should be stopped 2 weeks prior to any medical procedure and your doctor should be informed that you have been using it. It may also cause less-severe side effects such as gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Viantis contains Nettle extract which can cause a drop in blood glucose levels and therefore should be avoided by anyone who suffers from hypoglycemia or by those taking diabetes or blood sugar lowering prescription medications. It also has a blood pressure lowering effect and may have adverse effects on the kidney and blood clotting factor as well. Viantis is not recommended for those taking Lithium as the nettle extract it contains, may increase the amounts of this medication found in the bloodstream to dangerously high levels.
- The Boron extract found in Viantis can cause an increase the body’s production of urine which should be avoided in those who already experience kidney function issues or kidney disease. Drowsiness is also a common side effect with this herb and therefore it may cause excess sleepiness when taken along with sedatives, sleep aids, depression or anti-anxiety medications.
It is always highly recommended that you speak with your doctor or healthcare provider prior to starting any new medication or supplement to ensure it is safe for your individual use. Be sure to mention all drug allergies, any prior or current health issues that you may have and also mention all medications, vitamins and supplements that you are currently taking to avoid any drug interactions.
Although there are very few credible reviews for this product available online, the overall consensus seems to be that Viantis may help to increase energy levels and enhance sex drive. There seems to be very little proof that it will increase penis size or provide treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Is Viantis FDA approved?
- Neither Viantis or any of it’s active herbal ingredients have currently been approved by the FDA
Will Viantis make me bigger?
- One of this product’s biggest claims is that it will increase penis size, however there is no evidence to support this fact.
Is Viantis safe to take?
- This herbal supplement has many side effects and drug interactions which may be very harmful to your health. It can cause drastic drops in blood pressure and blood sugar levels, especially in those taking blood pressure or diabetes medications. It can also affect the kidneys and should be avoided by anyone with previous kidney problems. Viantis may also cause an increase in blood clotting which is very detrimental to those who have had or are prone to blood clots or are taking blood clotting medication. Before taking this medication, you should speak with your doctor to make sure that it is safe for you to use and does not interact with any other medications you are taking.
Can I buy Viantis in stores?
- Currently Viantis is only available for sale online.
Pros and Cons of Viantis
- Increased energy
- Some reported positive effects for erectile dysfunction
- Some reported positive effects on increase on sex drive
- Placebo effect may increase confidence in the bedroom, even if the physical effects are not there.
- Numerous detrimental side effects
- Many serious drug interactions
- Very few studies have been done on the safety and efficacy of the product
- Very few reviews claim that it produces a big improvement on sexual function or sexual satisfaction
Is Viantis worth it?
We are all looking for ways to improve our relationships and enhance our sexual experiences but will Viantis help us to achieve these goals? Due to the lack of research that has been done on this product and limited amount of reputable reviews available, the general opinion is “No”. Although Viantis may make some hefty claims about being able to increase stamina levels, improve sexual performance and increase the size of your manhood, there is absolutely no solid proof that these claims are true. Not to mention that most of the herbal products contained in this supplement have never been tested for their safety, are not FDA approved and can cause some very serious side effects and drug interactions which could prove to be very hazardous to your health.